Monday, October 19, 2009

Russ's Accident

crash2
Before I begin you need to know Russ is ok......

As many of you know Russ was in a horrible accident Saturday the 10th of October. At about 1245 he was heading back from getting our trailer up in Northern Utah by Fishlake. It was a 30 foot toy hauler with two four wheelers in it. Which makes a heavy load. The trailer started to fishtale and he coudln't gain control again. The trailer seperated itself from Russ throwing him (in our suv Tahoe) into the median rolling a couple times then down a 20Ft overpass rolling another 4 to 6 times. The pictuers attached show the hill he came down then the big cement columns that were on the road down below to stop him. WHen he stopped he said a prayer and quickly pulled himself out of the sunroof. Others that stopped immediately saw our childrens carseats all over and began to look for children. Russ immediately told them he was alone. (thank heavens no one else would have survived) the crazy thing is he was for sure going to take Tia and last minute decided to leave her. I thank Heavenly Father hourly that she didn't go and that Russ is ok and a true miracle. The cops couldn't believe he was the driver when they got there, he was sitting outside the vehicle calling 911 himself. They truly couldn't believe he survived. They also mentioned that that vehicle helped save his life, it's big and strong, though I loved my car very much it was a great trade, I will buy a vehicle just like it to prove my gratitude (and love for it)hee hee, Needless to say Russ is doing wonderful, he is up and at it and you wouldn't believe it ever happened. I know that this was a blessing for me alone. I couldn't have lived with out him. Thanks to all of your prayers, we know they are with us each day. I owe my Heavenly Father big.......
crash1

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh my gosh! That is so crazy and I am so glad Russ is ok, seriously a miracle!

La Ron said...

I had no idea. I am so glad that Russ is o.k. and no one else was with him. How scary for you guys.

Roberts Family said...

I had no idea this happened!! These pictures are so scary, we are so happy for you that he is ok!

lovinlifewiththelees said...

Seriously, I am so happy that he is okay.. What a miracle!!!!!